March 4, 2015

Brownie S'more Cupcakes

Forest Friends First Birthday Party.
Instructions corrected for my mistakes ;).


I made these with a box mix.

Tip: the best brownie mixes are Duncan Hines and Pillsbury.
I've tried them all.


Use 1 brownie mix for every 12 cupcakes.


Also. Brownies are sticky. Don't use cupcake papers.
It took some persistence to remove the papers.
In the future I would just grease the pan.

After the brownies are baked and cooled, remove from pan and place them on a baking sheet.
Next use a spoon to press a hole into the top of each brownie.



Then insert a marshmallow into each hole and place the sheet of brownies under the broiler for 1-2 minutes until marshmallows are golden brown (watch carefully).

If you want to frost over the marshmallows and put graham cracker crumbles on top, only place half a marshmallow into each brownie.
Otherwise the marshmallow will be too tall to frost over, I learned that the hard way.


After allowing the marshmallows to cool, frost each cupcake.
Then add graham cracker.

The Milk Chocolate Frosting Recipe I used, plus another take on the S'more Cupcake can be found Here.




My initial plan was to frost over the marshmallows and then sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs (like the two in the middle of the top picture), but the marshmallows were too tall so I ended up frosting around the marshmallows and adding a graham cracker, this was much more difficult than simply frosting the whole thing. 


No comments:

Post a Comment