March 4, 2015

Forest Friends First Birthday Party






I love birthdays. Especially little kid birthdays. I love having a day to celebrate one person and let them know how loved they are. I love all the little things, like balloons and treats, that make a birthday wonderful.


Easton loves being outside, and he loves animals, so this Forest Friends party was born.


I've had the big pinecones for years. We gathered them in Southern California. 
The Bunny was a thrift store find that I spray painted, it's one of my Easter Decorations. 
The Native American basket was my great-grandfather's. 
The fox is one of Easton's favorite stuffed animals. 
The buffalo-check table runner is actually my scarf.



Hedgehog Cheese Ball
Instructions and Inspo Here.

S'mores Brownie Cupcakes
 You find the instructions here.


The Ham and Cranberry Wrap instructions and Honey Garlic Lil Smokies Recipe can be found Here



The fake plant came off of my kitchen shelves, it's from Ikea.
The Rabbit puzzle was made by my grandpa.
The moccs were a baby gift to Easton from my grandparents.
The cloud is made from a wire hanger.
The bird-house was a gift to my 3yo from a kind man at the grocery store.
The big fox is Easton's very favorite stuffed animal, both foxes came from Ikea $7.99 for both.
The wheat came from the family farm.


Cute parties don't have to be expensive. The only things I purchased for the party were the balloons, the pennant banner (oriental trading) the pictures, and the food (about $3/person).

I hot glued string around pinecones to make a banner, then stuck it to the wall with push-pins.
For the picture banner I simply laid the pictures out face down, ran a piece of string across the back and taped it on with scotch tape. I can easily remove the tape to use the pictures in his bedroom or give them to grandmas.




White cake from a mix with Whipped Cream/Buttercream Frosting (recipe here)
The brass deer I found at an antique shop while I was pregnant with him.




Find my "Pin-spiration" Here





2 comments:

  1. How fun! Thanks for the ideas! I'm in the process of planning my little ones party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy. Hope this gave you some good ideas. This party was so much fun. I'd love to see yours. If you blog about it come back and leave a link!

      Delete