October 25, 2015

The Laborers in the Vineyard

Today as I was preparing my Sunday School lesson I watched Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's April 2012 Conference address The Laborers in the Vineyard (If you don't know what I'm talking about, you can learn more about my church here, and more about general conference here).

I remember hearing this talk and loving it. However, today it resonated with me differently than it did 3 1/2 years ago. When I first heard it I found encouragement and a message that I was doing OK and to not be so critical of myself, today I found inspiration to work on self-improvement.

I believe that's one of the reasons why the Savior taught in Parables, the stories help us to remember his teachings, but they also apply to us differently at different stages in our lives, and at different places in our path of spiritual growth. Elder Holland's three different interpretations of this parable are a perfect example of that.
I found Elder Holland's interpretations of the Savior's Parable found in Matthew 20:1-15, so inspiring I wanted to share it with every one, so I am... go watch it HERE.

I created a few pin-able images for those of us who would like to have a visual reminder for the future. They're simple, I'm not an artist or a graphic designer, but I thought that as long as I was making them for myself I would share them.

I'd like to note that if following a particular person on social media causes you to feel envious, unfollow them. The negative feelings you find in your heart, the discontent, are not worth it. In our day to day lives we must, and should, associate with people who may be a source of our struggles. That's good, trials help us grow. In social media we can be more picky. Don't bring things into your feed that increase feelings of envy and discontent.






#sharegoodness


Feel free to share these images if they have inspired you, but please link back to this post, or tag me [@the.carter.crew] on Instagram.


No comments:

Post a Comment